The lineup of bike activities this month are wheely amazing.
You can pedal for fun or for your commute. However you decide roll – just get rolling!
Plan a Group Ride
Coordinate an employee group ride.
Encourage employees to bike to work. Arrange a meet-up location with day parking so employees who live too far to bike to work can park and ride together as a group.
Another option is to organize a ride after work, departing from your place of business; possibly make plans to bike to a local eatery.
Encourage employees to take advantage of the local Bike to Business discounts. Allow extra time in the morning for employees to stop on their way to work or provide longer breaks. Allow for casual attire on Bike to Work Day to help employees feel more comfortable when biking to work.
Keep it Safe
- Take the route with the least amount of motor vehicle traffic.
- Try to find routes that incorporate a wide shoulder, bike lane, or multi-use path.
- If you have a larger group, ride in groups ranging in speed from faster riders to leisurely riders who take it slow.
- When riding in the dark, wear reflective gear and use bike lights.
- When biking to a local business or park, make sure multiple riders in the group have bike locks so that all bikes can be secured.
- Encourage riders to wear helmets, close-toed shoes, and to avoid baggy clothing that could get caught in the chain.
Go to Bike Month Events
Bike to Work Day
Turn in the car keys for the day and bike for transportation, commute to work or school. Pedal to work or anywhere and
take advantage of local Bike to Business Deals.
Pop-Up Treat Stops
- Fruita Civic Center (225 E Aspen Street)
- Grand Junction City Hall (250 N 5th Street)
Bike to Bourbon
Bike the Maroon Route to Horizon Drive. Enjoy a parking lot party at Cruisers featuring live music by the Gerry Goodman Band, door prizes, delicious food from the Ristorante Pantuso Food Truck, and Old-Fashioneds on tap from the Palisade Distillery. You can view the event flyer here.
Presented by: Cruisers Bar & Horizon Drive District
Yoga for Bikes
Enjoy a morning yoga session on the lawn and raise funds for Grand Valley Youth Cycling (GVYC). Part of the proceeds raised will help to provide positive youth development from the seat of a mountain bike. GVYC utilizes funds to help provide scholarships to participants and provide training for volunteer coaches.
After yoga, enjoy a social hour at Bestslope Coffee, all participants will receive 10% discount on food and drink. Please bring your own yoga mat or beach towel.
Presented by: Anywhere Yogi
Grand Valley Bike Film Festival
Catch some short films about mountain biking while entering to win prize drawings. Proceeds benefit trail development in Mesa County.
Tickets are $12.00 each. All proceeds benefit trail development in Mesa County.
Presented by: Healthy Mesa County, Alpine Bank, SLC Health St Mary’s, and Sean Brumelle, State Farm Agent.
Join the Love to Ride Challenge
Pedal through May and log your miles in the Love to Ride platform.
Register for free on Love to Ride, then join the Mesa County Biking group. (You can even sync your STRAVA account!)
Participating gives you entries into our prize drawing.
Email email@example.com with your name after you join Love to Ride. Participants must provide an email to be eligible for prizes.