Mesa County is gearing up for another season of Grand Valley Bike Month and September is going to be a wheely good time.
Join Bike to Work Day, compete in the week long Business Challenge, or participate all month long in the Love to Ride Challenge.
Now, get rolling, Mesa County!
Plan a Group Ride
Coordinate an employee group ride.
Encourage employees to bike to work. Arrange a meet-up location with day parking so employees who live too far to bike to work can park and ride together as a group.
Another option is to organize a ride after work, departing from your place of business; possibly make plans to bike to a local eatery.
Encourage employees to take advantage of the local Bike to Business discounts. Allow extra time in the morning for employees to stop on their way to work or provide longer breaks. Allow for casual attire on Bike to Work Day to help employees feel more comfortable when biking to work.
Keep it Safe
- Take the route with the least amount of motor vehicle traffic.
- Try to find routes that incorporate a wide shoulder, bike lane, or multi-use path.
- If you have a larger group, ride in groups ranging in speed from faster riders to leisurely riders who take it slow.
- When riding in the dark, wear reflective gear and use bike lights.
- When biking to a local business or park, make sure multiple riders in the group have bike locks so that all bikes can be secured.
- Encourage riders to wear helmets, close-toed shoes, and to avoid baggy clothing that could get caught in the chain.
Go to Bike Month Events
Bike to Work Day
Turn in the car keys for the day and bike for transportation, commute to work or school. Pedal to work or anywhere and take advantage of local Bike to Business Deals.
- Grand Junction City Hall (250 N 5th Street)
Yoga for Trails
Sauvage Spectrum (676 38 1/4 Road)
5:30 PM-7:00 PM, class starts at 5:30 PM followed by social time
Enjoy an evening yoga session and enjoy the view of vineyards, all while raising funds for One Riverfront.
Join Anywhere Yogi for Yoga and Wine at Sauvage Spectrum. Each participant will receive one complimentary drink with their ticket.
Half the proceeds will go to One Riverfront to help develop the connection from Clifton to Palisade.
Please bring your own yoga mat or beach towel, and dress in layers for the beautiful Colorado fall weather.
Presented by: Anywhere Yogi
Join the Business Challenge!
• Bike to work, business meetings, or work errands at least one time during the week of September 10-16.
• Businesses/Organizations are encouraged to keep bikes at the office for employees to use to get around during the work day. As long as you substitute a car trip with a bike trip, this counts towards overall participation.
• Each participating employee may only be counted one time during the challenge week.
• Record your group participation in this form, by September 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM.