Grand Valley Bike Month 2017
June is Bike Month in Colorado. Bike Month provides activities for the entire family at all levels and abilities, ranging from leisure rides, commuter and business challenges, and bike celebrations that will stimulate our local economy. The highlight of the month is Bike to Work Day, June 28, 2017, when employees leave their cars at home and enjoy bicycling to work.
Looking for a fun way to build team spirit? Engage in a friendly competition against other businesses in our community!
- 1 – 15 employees
- 16 – 50 employees
- 51 – 150 employees
- 150+ employees
The company or organization with the highest percentage of employees that bike to work on June 28 gets to display the traveling trophy in their workplace for an entire year!
1. Click here to sign-up by Tuesday, June 27, 2017.
2. Email before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
Include the following:
– Agency name
– Number of total bike-to-work riders
– A picture of your riding team
Official Bike to Work Day T-Shirts
Vendor: Rocky Tops Inc.
Cost: Starting at $11.50 ($12.50 with company logo on back)
Deadline to order: May 31, 2017
Contact: email@example.com or 970-245-2074
How many miles can you ride? Challenge your friends and family to see who can accumulate the most mileage using your bike instead of your car to get from place to place in Mesa County (with the exception of recreational riding). Prizes will be given to the top commuter in the Grand Valley!
Click here to sign-up.
Log your total miles spent commuting by bicycle (excluding recreational riding) in the following time frames:
- June 4 – June 10
- June 11 – 17
- June 18 – 24
All mileage must be entered by Monday, June 26 to be eligible for prizes.
Kids, get out and ride!!
- Ride your bike 5 times to one of the Mesa County Libraries and receive one FREE admission to a swimming pool in Palisade, Grand Junction or Fruita.
- Police officers are giving a coupon for a FREE ice cream cone to kids riding theirs bikes safely while wearing a helmet.